Friday, February 27, 2009

You Can't Overcome Dumb

Actual phone conversation (about the 9th today) from a VP where I work.
VP: Ozzy, did you create those sample files where is describes the size and seed, etc.
Ozzy: Yes. They are in the directory where all of the other files are.
VP: I'm not seeing them. All I see are the Excel files. We REALLY need these for the external auditors when they come to review our work.
Ozzy: They are out there. They start with an "R".
VP: I'm still not seeing them.
Ozzy: What software are you using to view the directory?
VP: Excel
Ozzy: They aren't Excel files, they are text files.
VP: What does that mean?
Ozzy: You should be looking in Window's Explorer, not Excel. Just pull up Window's Explorer and you will see them.
VP: I thought Explorer was how you got to the internet.
Ozzy: That is Internet Explorer.
VP: Then I have no idea what you are talking about. Would my admin know?
Ozzy (thinking): I have a 10 year old son and a 9 week old puppy that would know.
Ozzy: Yes. She would know.
VP: Well I will get with her then.

5 comments:

Lois and Jon said...

No comment.

Justin said...

I used to find solace in knowing that I wasn't the only IT guy out there who had dumb ass overpaid users... now I get no joy from it whatsoever.

toomuchcountry said...

As you say - you can't fix stupid - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0303091mcnugget1.html

crsing1129 said...

Behind every successful VP is a grossly underpaid AA.

Ozzy Jr Fest said...

im his 10 year old son haha