Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Badge II


I've written about my badge before. I don't take proper care of it. Wednesday evening after a long and productive day at the office, my badge happened to fall out of my car. Then my dog ate part of it. It took a day or so to find it in the yard amoungst all the other once cool stuff that he has torn up, but I think it is safe to say that it no longer functions properly. I have been spraying that bitter stuff to keep dogs from chewing on things on everything that I own, but I failed to spray the old corporate badge. In spite of spraying everything with the bitter crap, and buying him $50 worth of chew toys, the list of what he has destroyed continues to grow.


  • 1 badge

  • 3 exterior door knobs

  • 1 awesome moustache magnet my daughter bought for me
  • 1 grain bag for steeping
  • Many shoes
  • Many plastic recyclable items
  • 2 pool cues
  • 1 exterior door frame
  • 1 big shrub in the landscaping
  • 8 feet of 4" drainage pipe
  • Flowers
  • 2 slats on the front porch
  • 2 dog beds
  • A 2 gallon bucket
  • 2 catcher's mits
  • 2 bike helmets
  • 1 catcher's helmet
  • Multiple carpenter's pencils

...I'm too broke and depressed to list any more.


7 comments:

Lois and Jon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lois and Jon said...

If Icee swallowed part of your badge, I wonder if he can now get me into the secret room?

Jay G said...

I hope Corp security is sympathetic.

toomuchcountry said...

After you yelled "My Badge!" did he look at you as only guilty dawgs can and say sarcastically in dog speak "my bad...gee".

toomuchcountry said...

@Lois - even if Icee could, he'd have to hump the access panel to make the chip signal work. And I think I speak for all of us in saying no one wants to see that.

Jason said...

I would be tempted to shoot him. Yes, I know that will induce rage in animals lovers, but at some point you have to do a cost benefit analysis.

Lois and Jon said...

tmc - I wouldn't want into the room that badly!! :)