Friday, July 2, 2010

The Weather

  • My 1991 Toyota pickup just went past 200k miles. That's good.
  • I'm driving it because my car won't pass emissions. It need as catalytic converter $400. That's bad.
  • The Check Engine light which had been illuminated for some months actually went out the first of June (the tags expired in April) so I headed for the testing place to see if it would pass. That's good.
  • Two blocks before I got there, the light came back on. That's bad.
  • My truck runs fine. That's good.
  • The air conditioning went out on it June 2. That's bad.
  • I'm saving my money to get my car where it will pass emissions. I should have it fixed by winter time. That's good.
  • The heater doesn't work my car and it was going to be $400 to fix. That's bad.
  • The heater in the truck works great. That's good.
  • Right now its July and its hot. I don't give a damn about how good the heater works.

3 comments:

toomuchcountry said...

You have co-workers with vehicles w/functioning A/C willing to drive to lunch. - That's good.

You're only willing to go to lunch with them on hot days when you have to collect rent. - That's bad.

Lois and Jon said...

When we transferred our plate to the new vehicle, we were told they would take care of the headache of transferring the registration. That's good.

Unfortunately, we found out recently that we need a new plate. We drove to St Louis for the weekend with a plate registered to my flooded out Sebring. That's bad.

But, I didn't get pulled over (good) and plan to go to Marta today (good) so I hope to be "legal" soon!!

kelsey said...

I don't know why you are complaining... You work in the same building as I do, we live in the same house, and my AC works. You just don't want to go to work at 8.