Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Kid Can't be THAT Old

Today my oldest daughter is 22. I feel kind of old. Maybe I should dye my hair again. But she has it together more than I did at 22. I think. Actually, she was born when I was 22. So, she does have it together better than I. She has a decent job that she actually went to school to learn to do. She enjoys it as much as one can enjoy a job. She's getting married to a good guy in June and they are buying a house with no help from her old man. That is nice. There were many, many times I wondered if she would turn out ok. Many times struggling with homework that I thought, "is this kid ever going to get it?" But I told her that she was going to do great things and that she was special. Now, she is smart, independent, and she has good common sense. I couldn't be more proud of the way she has turned out.

4 comments:

toomuchcountry said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! Wait, this is Ozzy's blog. Happy Birthday TO Ashley. I'll send b-day greetings directly to her via Twitter. BTW, she may have a better grasp of things at 22 than you do at 45!

Lois and Jon said...

Your kids are great - you have reason to be proud! :)

Jay G said...

Good times!

Unknown said...

awww your gonna make me cry! that was so sweet thanks chase for my bday greeting i dont get on twitter much so if you sent me a tweet i didnt get it yet!!