Friday, April 16, 2010

Chicago

Overall, the trip to Chicago was great. The food, the people and the beer were for the most part amazing. I am now officially starting my second blog about the brewer at http://maydaybrewery.blogspot.com/. So, here at ozzfest, I'll just write the nonbrewery stuff.
Jack, my host in Chicago has begun hosting "house concerts." He invites musicians into his residence to play and then invites friends over to listen to them. While we were there he had two gentleman that played Irish folk music. They could really jam.
I also met Frank who was staying there at Jack's and would be attending the same brewery class that I was. Frank (left in this photo, Jack is on the right) is a fellow beer and heavy metal music lover all the way from San Pablo, Brazil. Frank plans to open a brewpub in the financial district there.
Of course, the last night in Chicago there has to be some beer consumed and some good clean fun. So I climbed on a statue in Lincoln Square to get my photo taken. I didn't get arrested and I learned that Abe was one tall dude.









2 comments:

Andrew said...

what kind of metal are you into? older or newer?

toomuchcountry said...

Didn't realize granite and bronze were the types of rock and metal you were into.