Saturday, September 19, 2009

Parenting IV

Both of my daughters have been fired from jobs this year. One had gotten awards for her service, the other had just gotten a glowing review. Ashlee got fired just last week after being on their insurance fo 2 bloody weeks. It must be easier to get fired now than back when I started working. Maybe I'm biased, but I believe both of my girls are pretty easy to get along with, and are good workers. I remember my first job was at McDonald's. I was 18, and I had been there about 6 months and my job was to get there at 5:30 in the morning and clean the restrooms and scrub the floors. A coworker had a party one Friday night, I attended, drank a bunch of beer and went strait to work from his apartment. I was feeling really bad when I had to begin cleaning the bathrooms. I got started, but decided I would sit on a commode in the women's room and rest my eyes for just a minute. Thirty minutes later the maintenance man came in and woke me up. Then the SOB narked on me. I finished my duties as best I could then was sent home by management. All for passing out in the women's room and dry heaving over the kitchen sink?!? I was given a talking to my next day of work and told the incident would be on my "permanent" record. I didn't get fired. I've done other things almost equally as stupid and was able to sneak by, still employed.
I know my daughters didn't do anything close to passing out on a toilet. Maybe they are paying for the sins of their father.

1 comment:

Jay G said...

"This will go down on your permanent record." I love it!