Thursday, August 20, 2009

Like, why?

I have a few pet peeves. One is the improper use of the word "like." I can handle an occasional "like", but it drives me insane when a person can't convey a thought without a blue streak of "likes." So, I very seldom watch "LA Ink", but a friend of mine is going to appear on the show soon, so I tuned in tonight. I was 5 minutes into tonights episode, when I had to rewind it to the beginning in order to accurately count the "like's." A 60 minute show (which is actually about 44 minutes less commercials) had 112 instances of an incorrect use of the word. That's like one "like" every like 23.57 seconds. Good Grief.

3 comments:

toomuchcountry said...

Sounds like a drinking game... Like, the "Hi Bob" Newhart game...like ya know?

Ozzy Nelson said...

A drinking game. I like it.

Jay G said...

Was Enigma the friend you were wanting to see?