Monday, August 24, 2009

Free Tanqueray

Mrs Ozzy and her best friend were planning their first wedding. The lady that does their hair was getting married, and they were in charge of making things run smoothly, getting the photographer, dj, etc. They were doing this out of the goodness of their hearts and they thought it would be "fun." I'm not sure how planning a wedding would be fun, but to each their own. I wasn't thrilled about attending the wedding since I wouldn't know anyone, but I was going to support my bride. Well, the wedding went well, and the reception was a cash bar, and some pretty good heavy hor'dourves. Well, Mrs Ozzy's payment was free drinks at the reception. She told me they were serving Tanqueray just for me.
Well, I couldn't let them down, so I had a couple drinks. Danced a couple of dances, drank a couple more drinks. Then it occured to me that each of the 12 tables at the reception had a disposable camera. Put there for the guests to capture their experience at the reception. So, I went to every table, took a picture of myself with their camera and encouraged them to use up the film. Throughout the night as people left and tables were empty, I took the camera from the table and used the remaining film. Then, get another drink.
We stayed till the very end and did a little cleanup, and Mrs Ozzy drove us home.
I woke Sunday morning with a headache, and a fear that I had embarrassed myself, or worse, embarrassed the wedding planner. I didn't get an earful when I got up, so I must have behaved pretty well. I hope that is still the case when the film is developed.

4 comments:

Melisa said...

You are crazy!! I have some crazy pics of you on our camera..... mostly of you taking a picture of me taking a picture of you....If I were the bride and groom, I would be just a little scared as to what they will find once the film is developed.... remember, I was with you the entire time and I was NOT drinking Tanqeray....

The planners, the DJ and the photographer all did an incredible job!!!

Lois and Jon said...

I'm sure you didn't lose your handbag, so you're one-up on me.

toomuchcountry said...

Say, that reminds me of a Tommy Womack-written song covered by Todd Snider.

www.eighteenminutes.com/Lyrics/BettyWasBlack.html

Anonymous said...

I took several of those pictures, so I know they will be scary!!