Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wake Up

I had this dream last night. It was soooo real. I dreamed m 21 yo daughter Ashlee was addicted to fire extinguisher propellant. She got fired from her job because she kept ruining the fire extinguishers. She lied about doing it. We gave her 30 days to move out of our house because of her bad behavior. The scene switches to a little while later when she admits she as a problem and we are in Lowes. She is obsessed with trying to eat caulk. We are there in the caulk isle and she is uncapping them and squirting them in her mouth. I am trying to get the caulk away from her. She is trying to hurt herself by consuming this poison and I am going nuts. She doesn't care. She is fighting me. I give her a short left to the jaw.
"Ouch." I wake up. Mrs Ozzy had said "ouch".
The knuckles on my left hand felt like they had hit bone.
Oh crap!
"I am so sorry honey, I did not mean to punch you, I was having this dream..."
"Its ok."
"No, I am really, really sorry."
"Its ok."
"I did not mean to punch you. I am so sorry."
"Its ok. My elbow doesn't hurt at all now."
"I hit you on the elbow?"
"Yes. Where did you think you hit me?"
Mrs. Ozzy's head was level with mine in the bed. Ashlee is 5'0 tall. Thank God.

6 comments:

Justin said...

I don't think to comment much but this is becoming one of my new favorite blogs. Keep it up.

Lois and Jon said...

That's nothing if not crazy!

toomuchcountry said...

Man, falling off the wagon is a bitch. Sounds like a whacked out batch of Mayday.

Jay G said...

Great story. Hope the judge believes it.

kelsey said...

classic.

toomuchcountry said...

Was she addicted to latex or silicone caulk? Just thinking latex is water based and the habit could be more easily broken. But with silicone, holy cow that crap is permanent.