Wednesday, May 13, 2009

You Have Got to Be Kidding Me

Ashlee (my 21 year old daughter) comes home from her volunteer job at the reduced fee medical clinic yesterday and tells me this story. They only wear surgical gloves when they are donated to them (I did not know this until yesterday). So, yesterday there were no surgical gloves. She takes blood from this patient to do some tests, and just as she disposes of the syringe, the patient says, "you are going to do an HIV test on that as well aren't you?"

I will be donating a box of surgical gloves every time my daughter works from here forward.

3 comments:

Lois and Jon said...

Oh my!! That is INSANE.

toomuchcountry said...

Get ready folks. This is exactly the kind of health care the brown shirt 'reform' folks have in store for you.

BTW mark me down for a box or 2.

Jay G said...

I'll donate a couple of boxes when I get back.